Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PSX Total Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 19:35

my guess is there is a specific order that the game saves your data. and dependant on when you interrupt it will determine what does not get saved. On the video provided you can see that the rooms he opened since his last save were not overwritten with the new data even though his position was updated. If you could figure out the order in which things are saved you could interrupt the save where you need it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathan7878
Veterano 2
Veterano 2

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 23:45

Pale-Dim wrote:
my guess is there is a specific order that the game saves your data.  and dependant on when you interrupt it will determine what does not get saved.  On the video provided you can see that the rooms he opened since his last save were not overwritten with the new data even though his position was updated.  If you could figure out the order in which things are saved you could interrupt the save where you need it.
Yeah, bro you are 100% right cat

I started a new game on Jap 1.0 and then went to the same save point he was at, then just started making saves and
Hard Resetting at different times through out each of them... I got everything to happen, from map resetting like he did
in the video to map resetting with the map scrambling, resetting of my buttons, glitching the Item/Weapons sorter like
we do to set up SOS, and even data corruption... but it was very hard to get the same results back to back, especially
the data corruption, like as if there is only milliseconds to get the one you want... and it seems even more complicated
than that when it comes to the data curruption, as if there is something that determines what numbers the game writes
when corrupting the data... so I will have to investigate this more.

I got lucky once and was able to corrupt the Window Colors Modifiers, so if that is possible, the Window Color Modifier
Selector should be able to be corrupt too, since there almost right next to each other in the games coding.... check it.

So if I could Hard Rest Data Corrupted at the first save point in the game, load the save file with the Window Color Modifier
Selector displaced, then I could use Total Control to change my save location to load directly at the Dracula fight (or maybe
even just at the credits).
Hmmm scratch so the game could probably be beaten in 5 minutes or less, and are team would have the WR Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sun 22 Mar 2015, 21:24

nathan7878 wrote:
I finally found the video... looks like he hard resets a real system scratch
The video captions are in Portuguese, Paul could you kind of tell us what they say, Please I love you

This movie was recorded by a member of our forum. The info that you need is: Choose [yes] option to save and then turn off the console after 2 secs.

View user profile http://castlevania.msnboard.net
nathan7878
Veterano 2
Veterano 2

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:55

This is basically Total Control taken from a Hard Save Glitch... a messy version, so I am working out the bugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathan7878
Veterano 2
Veterano 2

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sun 29 Mar 2015, 21:58

After further testing of the Hard Reset Save Glitch, there has been some interesting findings...

It seems that on SOTN, Hard Reset Save Glitches and even Normal Save Glitches can draw data from previously played SOTN files on the PlayStation 1, so even if all SOTN files on both memory cards are erased... there is still certain data that is stored within the PlayStation 1's internal memory that can manipulate the out come of the Save Glitch.

Sockfolder once talked about a similar issue on his stream, about how the Playstation 1 stores data in its internal memory regrading whether or not SOTN had ever been beaten on that particular PlayStation 1 before.

So it is suggested that any Save Corruption/ACE Speed Runs be done on a freshly turned on emulator, with a newly formatted memory card and No Save States made or stored on it, that would be the best for insuring authentication of the run.

So sadly, the Total Control Save Glitch I posted might not work on a fresh emulator/console... but I will continue to test to see what can be achieve with the Hard Reset Save Glitch on a fresh emulator/console for a Speed Run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathan7878
Veterano 2
Veterano 2

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sat 25 Jul 2015, 14:35

Pale, Paulo, Jack... this will make you happy Razz
I finally found the memory area that controls the Infinity Glitch... it is located at around 80073060 in the games memory.
Now that I can see where the glitch is occurring in the memory, I will try to fully learn what is causing it,
then maybe it could be replicated on Xbox.

Very similar graphic glitches to Outofthegamers video...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sun 26 Jul 2015, 00:05

It's like richter special mode history (lots of techs with useless steps), hahaha Mad

I'm curious about your results.

View user profile http://castlevania.msnboard.net
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sun 26 Jul 2015, 01:41

The issue with infinity glitch is that different versions have different method to activate it. if there was a true method found that works easier or even on all versions that would be helpful. Also if you figure out what causes it then its possible it may be activated elsewhere.

Here is my data. If you can fill in anything i am missing that would be apprecited.

Infinity FAQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NITM-T
Veterano 1
Veterano 1

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Sun 26 Jul 2015, 19:03

Pale-Dim wrote:
The issue with infinity glitch is that different versions have different method to activate it.

Yeah with this maybe you can find for Saturn and PSP versions too, Nathan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
nathan7878
Veterano 2
Veterano 2

PostSubject: Re: PSX Total Control   Thu 29 Oct 2015, 22:50

lol!
http://www.twitch.tv/jonuhh/v/22172115
Back to top Go down
View user profile