Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Which is your favourite version, & Why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taxititan
Amador 2
Amador 2
avatar

Number of posts : 53
Age : 35
Localisation : Forbidden Library
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 03:13

Mine is the saturn version, even though it lags more on the hardware, then PSX.
Because of the completeness, extra character,Richter alternate outfit, more stages, more music, more items,infinite wing smash,more enemies/bosses (The tree in the garden is the coolest in the game).
It has sound test & voice test meny.
The Muramasa reaches twice as far!
Get under the clock glitch w Richter & Maria, is the coolest glitches.
The only thing I can´t yet do in Saturn; is to beat Dracula on Final stage during the intro, under 1 minute, without taking damage, & without sub weapon Sad
I want to start with 85 in HP.

2nd coolest version; must be the PSX jap version 1 with the shaft room glitch, elevator glitch, etc.
To fight the true last boss as Richter kicks ass!

The Xbox port is somewhat overclocked, & lags less then PSX & saturn.
But the aspect zoom & sidemasks sux.
& it has audio bugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeelman
Amador 1
Amador 1
avatar

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 13:56

Well as you know Sotn ps1 will always have a place in my heart Smile
But i like alot the psp version cuz of the fact that is a port of
jap 1 with english text and its more challengin ... celiling cathces are harder, to use mist you have to L+R and its limited so you have to hold them. I can also fight richter here Very Happy

Also fill out the castle with maria was hard since she is to weak in this version but i was able to get her max . And i like the fact you can exit the game without any slow soft reset just choose quit in the menu and you are out. This is defenatly the version of sotn ive played the most ... and still do .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador


Number of posts : 1050
Localisation : São Paulo - Brasil
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 21:58

Saturn version wins!

Very funny (more than other versions).

PSX versions are very good. US and Jap 1stA (both standing on second place).

Razz

_________________
Something appeared near to the wooden bridge.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://castlevania.msnboard.net
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador


Number of posts : 1050
Localisation : São Paulo - Brasil
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 22:09

Taxititan wrote:

The only thing I can´t yet do in Saturn; is to beat Dracula on Final stage during the intro, under 1 minute, without taking damage, & without sub weapon Sad
I want to start with 85 in HP.

Im' working very hard on it!! Yes it's possible! My record is 1:01, but I did 0:59 with damage... Sad

Now, I'm recording ALL my tries and I'll upload when successful.

There are slow dows but KONAMI does not fixed the "1min PSX version". 1:08 is a very good time on saturn version. I'm very close to beat it. Smile

Edit:
Record 58secs with damage (started with 80HP) Damn!
56secs! But I started with 80HP! Shocked I picked up a sub-weapon and I'll try to not do it next time.

Try to do less than 1:00 without picking up subweapons, without using flame whip and without damage. No one reached 85HP on saturn. Hardest thing ever!

Edit 2:
Record 1:01 "perfect" lol - two times :p

Edit 3:
I did it! Tomorrow I'll upload the movie.

_________________
Something appeared near to the wooden bridge.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night


Last edited by paulo1179 on Sat 13 Mar 2010, 15:13; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://castlevania.msnboard.net
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
avatar

Number of posts : 845
Localisation : Tree Hill, N.C.
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 18:22

PSX
Akumajou dracula X Gekka no Yasokyokou (English version, translated by Devil Hackers), do ya know it? It's a direct traslantion from the japanese version, I think that's better than english official version anyway its a fan translation then has errors but few.

I don't really know the saturn version, only by emulator, Paulo use to say that play in the console its much more better, so I can't compare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeelman
Amador 1
Amador 1
avatar

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 18:46

kuraudo wrote:
PSX
Akumajou dracula X Gekka no Yasokyokou (English version, translated by Devil Hackers), do ya know it? It's a direct traslantion from the japanese version, I think that's better than english official version anyway its a fan translation then has errors but few.

Yeah i tried it once but didn't realy liked it; soccer boy ??
Luck drug ?? lol it was a neat idea but it does not suit me.
Plus i think it works better on console than on emu, mine frozed
several times on emu and i don't have a ps1 and my ps2 is modded but doesn't allow any ps1 backups wich is all i have Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L
Veterano 1
Veterano 1
avatar

Number of posts : 300
Age : 25
Localisation : Evermore
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Wed 10 Mar 2010, 14:36

PSX
Akumajou dracula X Gekka no Yasokyokou-English version, translated by Devil Hackers !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=111600936983864073
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
avatar

Number of posts : 845
Localisation : Tree Hill, N.C.
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Thu 11 Mar 2010, 18:50

mikeelman wrote:
kuraudo wrote:
PSX
Akumajou dracula X Gekka no Yasokyokou (English version, translated by Devil Hackers), do ya know it? It's a direct traslantion from the japanese version, I think that's better than english official version anyway its a fan translation then has errors but few.

Yeah i tried it once but didn't realy liked it; soccer boy ??
Luck drug ?? lol it was a neat idea but it does not suit me.
Plus i think it works better on console than on emu, mine frozed
several times on emu and i don't have a ps1 and my ps2 is modded but doesn't allow any ps1 backups wich is all i have Sad

About Soccer Boy and luck drug I hadn't complains but in the descripition of Sword of Dawn says that is a shield.
My 1st PS2 was moded too but never allows ps1 but now Im very happy pirat

L
Copier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxititan
Amador 2
Amador 2
avatar

Number of posts : 53
Age : 35
Localisation : Forbidden Library
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 15 Mar 2010, 05:22

[quote="paulo1179"]
Taxititan wrote:

Edit 3:
I did it! Tomorrow I'll upload the movie.

Congrats on beating possebly the hardest challange!
I will practice more to succeed.
Then I will hunt for a final perfect save.

Incredible airdashes mr.Paulo Wink
I find it harder to do them back n forth, then just forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outofthegamer
Amador 1
Amador 1


Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 15 Mar 2010, 14:42

Saw the video and gave it a 5 star rating - awesome!

You are the man, Paulo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador


Number of posts : 1050
Localisation : São Paulo - Brasil
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Mon 15 Mar 2010, 22:02

Taxititan wrote:

Congrats on beating possebly the hardest challange!
I will practice more to succeed.
Then I will hunt for a final perfect save.

Incredible airdashes mr.Paulo Wink
I find it harder to do them back n forth, then just forward.

I worked 2/3 weeks on it. That air-dashes fails every time. I'm using a 12 years old controller! I record my tryies on a VHS tape. *No way to turn on a camera on every single try. :p
Now I'll try to reach the max HP. Let's go man! You can do too!

outofthegamer wrote:
Saw the video and gave it a 5 star rating - awesome!

You are the man, Paulo!

Thanks dude! Saturn version has the harder challenge!

_________________
Something appeared near to the wooden bridge.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://castlevania.msnboard.net
Taxititan
Amador 2
Amador 2
avatar

Number of posts : 53
Age : 35
Localisation : Forbidden Library
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 00:35

paulo1179 wrote:

I worked 2/3 weeks on it. That air-dashes fails every time. I'm using a 12 years old controller! I record my tryies on a VHS tape. *No way to turn on a camera on every single try. :p
Now I'll try to reach the max HP. Let's go man! You can do too!

I have also an older controller, released here in europe, that is simulair to the old Xbox 1 pads.
The D-pad is larger, but some what easier to air dash with.
I will practice using the same one.

Mostly irritating, is the waiting between every ABC+start reset.
The lags on Saturn makes this harder to time also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador


Number of posts : 1050
Localisation : São Paulo - Brasil
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 21:59

Taxititan wrote:
Mostly irritating, is the waiting between every ABC+start reset.
The lags on Saturn makes this harder to time also.

That's right!

Konami did not converted the "1min" time to the saturn version. ~1:08 must be the correct for saturn players lol
Cool

*PlayStation 85HP real console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VMIO-bL9CY

Dracula appeared 3 times on his first form. It is impossible to achieve 1min on saturn doing what he did. You can see how faster PSX version checking both movies at the same time.

_________________
Something appeared near to the wooden bridge.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://castlevania.msnboard.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Which is your favourite version, & Why?   

Back to top Go down
 
Which is your favourite version, & Why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Auferstehung For Doom2 Cleaned Up Version
» Warsong Gulch (my version)
» Favourite Candy?
» Whats your favourite dessert?
» Version 1.6 update

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night :: Can't speak portuguese?? post here! (all versions)-
Jump to: